15 January 2017

The Boyfriend

Now that they are hoggets, rather than lambs (which is taking some getting used to), I separated out the biggest and put them with a handsome ram lamb.


What is most hilarious is that my girls are much bigger than their boyfriend.


By nature he seems pretty quiet, which is a quality I would like in my lambs. He also has, as they say, "a hot bod".


While I feared separating my lambs hoggets would cause stress, they actually settled in their field very quickly. (For size comparison, the sheep in the field in the background are fully grown ewes.)


It was a very stormy morning, and the lambs hoggets were taking shelter behind a scraggly hedge. Rosie decided I looked lonely, standing some distance away as I tried to get some decent shots. So she came over.


For ten minutes she was pressed against me, using my legs as a shield against the wind and getting back scratches in return.


She loves me.


Curious Boyfriend came over too.


The little gang sticks together.


There's a lot of grass in these two fields to keep them happy.


Rosie always sticks close.



Will we be hearing the pitter-patter of tiny hooves come June, I wonder?

2 comments:

  1. I had never heard the term hoggets before . . . It sounds like a term out of Harry Potter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There just so cute! I've also never herd the term hogget before. Learn something new every day!

    ReplyDelete