25 November 2016

The Down Low

Recently I had the idea to lie down on the ground in the lambs' field, but the lambs ran away from me because apparently that was scary. My solution was to go out again, this time with a long lens so if the lambs were to run away it wouldn't be so much of a problem. It started well.

Bob and his friends followed me until I sat down.



And then, one by one, they walked away.



Despite the long lens I still had to move closer (the rascals). Rosie was enjoying a nice scratch on a gate.


They gather at the gate every morning, waiting on their food. Sure I was here - but where was the food?



Still hopeful. (Millie must be staring - she's trying to eat Rosie's ear!)


Bob coming over to investigate me. Being so low to the ground did wonders for the backgrounds of these shots.



Little Bob and Big Ducky.


Honey feeling brave.



Margo too.


I soon worked out what they were doing - they were calmly walking past me to "safety" behind me.



These two are polar opposites - Millie is a white sheep with dark spots, Bob is a dark sheep with white spots (kinda).


Two of the friendliest lambs - Rosie and Ducky. Saving Ducky was 100% the right thing to do. She is such a sweetheart.




Hello, Rosie.


So, yes, lying on the ground may be cold, but totally worth it.

1 comment: